Sunday, May 25, 2008

Training is coming along


Yesterday I did a brick workout in 90 degree weather, yeehaw good training I tell ya. George (Dan's brother) came in town for Memorial Day weekend so he played w/the boys while Dan and I rode to the Veloway. We ran into an old friend from the Southwest Cycling team and did an extra lap with him. I had never done 5 laps on the veloway before (a lap is 3 miles) so adding the ride there and back I did about 18 miles on the bike yesterday, yay! When I got home, I put my cap and running shoes on and ran down to Dick Nichols pool. They started charging, what???? It has been FREE all these years but I ran in and this poor high school kid was trying to get me to pay and I was all red faced and I just asked if I could get wet and he said go ahead. I can't believe they charge now but it did seem alot less seedy. Oh well, I'll have to remember to grab some cash in case I need to get that core body temp down again. I also did my first train in my snazzy new tri-suit. It's a swimsuit w/ cycling shorts that don't drag too much in the water. It really makes a difference! It was so comfortable!

Also, Dan and I went to III Forks last night for my belated Birthday dinner. I had never been there and they are known for their steaks. For my soup I had Lobster Bisque, my fav, then the entree was a bone-in Rib-Eye, yum! It had Lump crab meat w/hollandaise and asparagus on top. Dan had the Sea Scallops and they were delicious.

Tonight our friends the Gums are coming over for dinner. Should be fun w/lots of guacamole and Mexican taco's. They are bringing Margarita fixins and dessert. Not too many margaritas for me though, because Leilani and I are heading out Monday morning to do the actual bike portion of the Triathalon at Decker Lake w/some other women. Well, I better go, happy Sunday!

No comments: