Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My birthday and Mother's Day Weekend


Here is an updated family shot of us before Dan and I headed out to Bo's 40th birthday party! It just so happened that Bo's party was on my birthday so we had double the reason to celebrate. All is well in the Dowe household. My triathalon training is coming along. Earlier this day (of the picture) I did a brick which was to bike 15 miles then run--but Mother's Day was a complete rest day, YAY! Today I did 16 laps in the pool (roughly 1/2 mile) along with about a 2 mile run. The training is getting so much easier than in the beginning--we are roughly 3 weeks away from the event. Finn and Luke are all signed up for Swim lessons starting June 9th and I got the brochure to possibly start up gymnastics again. Finn has to make a decision between Karate and Gymnastics for the summer sessions. They offer a Karate program at Lifetime Fitness where we practically live, so we'll have to see how that shakes out. The flowers in the back are totally bloomed and are looking great. We have a nest of baby bird eggs in our folding chair cup holder on the side of the house. I should take a picture of them! Last time I checked the eggs the mama bird was sitting right on top and she didn't even fly away when I peeked under the cup holder nylon cover, there was just this little bird staring up at me with those little brown eyes, it was a little startling but amazing! It's so incredible that this mama bird could find this perfect little habitat for her eggs, complete with roof in the cup holder of a dilapidated folding chair!

1 comment:

MW said...

Best of luck at Danskin!

(Flowers? Birds? more pictures! )